Things are going really really well here. I continue to love my job and things with my host family are getting a lot better! Here are my updates for the week...
I met with both the CEO's of my company the other day. They are both really nice guys. We talked for a long time about what I want to get out of the internship and what they can do to help me. They said whatever I want to do or get out of it, they will work with me to reach those goals. They also said that when it is time for me to go back home, they have connections all around the world and will get me a job where ever I want to go! That was refreshing to hear! After our meeting they invited me to a corporate dinner for hospitality companies all around Australia. It was a black tie affair type of deal and each plate was ridiculously expensive. There were only 1o spots for our company out of like 80 that work at Hostec. I had the best time there! My whole department went, even my really tough boss. We got there a little early so we went out for a drink before hand. Then at the dinner, it was free alcohol and food. We had Thai food... it was interesting. A lot of sushi type stuff... I didn't like most of it but since I was with my CEO's I figured I shouldn't be picky. We had some of the best/most expensive salmon in Australia (I know my mom would be jealous). My one CEO, Raman didn't like some of the wine they served so he went and bought our table special bottles. They made sure my glass was always full, at one point I had a glass on wine, champaign, and a beer in front of me. They said the best way to get to know someone was by having a few drinks... well I had more than a few, we all did. It was a lot of fun though. We drank and ate expensive food. Then afterwards, we went to another pub to drink more. I was the most drunk I have been in Australia and it was because of the CEO's and my boss. My boss was really layed back and we had really good conversations. It was a great night. My host mom even called my cell phone because I usually don't stay out that late on work nights, she was worried about me!
Tonight I am staying in and tomorrow we are going out for drinks again after work because it is thirsty thursday. I hope my real job is like this!
Send me an email, ageorge2@gac.edu, to let me know how you are all doing! I MISS YOU!
:):) AG
No comments:
Post a Comment