Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Holiday in the sun!

Hey everyone! I hope life is treating you well back home! I have had, yet again, another busy week. One of the other interns, Mandy, and I decided we needed a little holiday so we took a long weekend from work and went to the Sunshine Coast. It is just north of Brisbane and the weather was AMAZING! We had 4 solid days of relaxing at the beach and exploring the nice beach town. It was so good to get a little slice of summer. I didn't realize how much I miss wearing shorts and the feeling of it being really hot outside. I can't believe I missed an entire summer. Although it is winter here, it is nothing like an MN winter! I haven't seen any snow so I don't think it really counts as winter. I did get a bit of a tan while I was gone. Everyone at work asked me where I got my fake tan because they did a really good job. I showed them my tan lines then and told them it was real... they couldn't believe a person could get so tan in 4 days. My skin really missed the sun I guess! Don't worry though, I used tons of sunscreen. There is no o-zone layer of Australia, so it is really important to load on the sunscreen.  

Besides my nice little holiday, things are going extremely well at work. I still LOVE my job. I can't imagine working anywhere else. I wish I could either, a) bring all my friends and family to live in Sydney with me or b) move my company to MN. Ideally, everyone would move over here because the weather is so much better and the laid back atmosphere is awesome. I at least now have a better understanding of what I want to do when I grow up! :) 

I have also have had a bit of a tough week. Let me tell you, I have been on an emotional roller coaster the past week. Extreme highs with work and life out here in Sydney and low lows with finding out some of my loved ones aren't doing well at home. If any of you are reading this, I want you to know that I am thinking about you and praying for you! It is SOOOOO hard to go through some of this all alone here but all the emails and fb messages from home really help! I will also be missing my family reunion, Schuette Bowl, this weekend. I think it will be my hardest weekend here to date. I miss all my cousins, aunts, uncles, and the rest of my family SOOO much and Schuette Bowl is my favorite weekend of the year. I know they are going to have a great time and I hope they all have a few drinks for me! I will be there in spirit!

Anyways, that's all for now. Keep in contact. I love hearing from everyone and could use all the letters from home right now I can get.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!! I miss you!

AG :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment