Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello all!
So I know I have been pretty bad about blogging lately but I have been quite busy! I feel like I haven't really done anything exciting but I am never home! I have been going out a lot with my work friends and a few of my other intern friends. Sydney is such a great place. 

Last weekend I went to the Blue Mountains. It is the home of the famous Three Sisters. They aren't the kind of mountains you would think... very small and more like rocky hills. We had fabulous weather (everyone said we would freeze up in the mountains). We took a train ride down the mountain side and walked for a while in the national park/forest for a while, then took a tram across the tops of the mountains. It was so beautiful. Then we hung out for a while in the cities of Katumba and Luera. Both nice old fashion mountain towns. It was great to walk around and take in a new scenery. We drove home that night in time to see the movie "My Sister's Keeper." It was one of my favorite books so I couldn't wait to see the movie. I have to say they did a pretty good job on the movie! Then on Sunday I went to Bondi Beach... Couldn't ask for better weather! In fact I even got my first tan lines!!!!!!! I was so excited, I really needed the vitamin D! After that, I was exhausted from the long weekend.

At work this week, I switched departments and am now working side by side with Human Resources Manager. I LOVE THIS! He is really good about letting me work with him on all kinds of projects and really wants me to experience the HR world. Today I even got to sit in on a whole bunch of interviews. Tomorrow we have a whole bunch more. I get to rate each candidate and help decide who would be best for the roles. Sitting in the interviewer seat is such a good feeling. I do have a lot of sympathy though for the people coming in that struggle on questions and are really nervous... I want to tell them I know what it feels like and I am so bad at interviews... I like the power though and I am not going to want to give it up!

I also have really big weekends planned for the next couple of weeks! This weekend on Sunday, I am going to do a 14 km fun run/walk with my company called the City 2 Surf... it will be with 75,000 of my closest friends. I guess it is absolutely crazy and something everyone should experience. They only thing I am really nervous about is the part of the race called "Heartbreak Hill." I guess it is this long curvy hill that is a couple of km long and seems to be never ending. It should be interesting but it will be a fun, light atmosphere... good work bonding time! Then we are having a bbq afterwards at one of our hotel clients. I hope I will be able to walk after it!

If that isn't exciting enough, the following week I am going to the Sunshine Coast with one of the other interns, Mandy. She is also from MN and we have become really good friends. We will be there for 5 days... The weather is a lot nicer there and I am excited for a nice holiday! :) :) 

I'll try to blog more often. I MISS YOU ALL!!!! Please send me an email and update me on all your lives!

LOVE,
AMANDA :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment