All right... the moment you have all been waiting for! Here are some updates on my life.
So I live with this family in Bondi Junction. It is a two min. walk from one of the most famous beaches in the world. It is great except it is "winter" here now. Winter for Sydney means 65-70 and FREEZING! I laugh and wear like shorts and no jacket everyday while there are people with scarves and mittens on... HAHA seriously!
I have also mastered the train system. I have to walk to the train any time I want to go anywhere and take about a 20 min. ride into the city. I have done some exploring and have been hanging out with a lot of the other interns. We have had a good time so far in our new city. I just started my internship today (wed.) So far I LOVE it! I kind of like wearing a suit and feeling important. Today was the general info sessions and get to know people day... I don't remember anyone's name except the girl I am following... her name is Amanda! :) Everyone at the company is really nice and young and it is a good atmosphere. Oh and today was my first day so I got up early and got into the city to make sure I was there on time. Well my company moved building like a month ago and forgot to notify me about it so I was waiting at this old building wondering why I couldn't get to floor 7. Then I finally got ahold of someone from the states to call my manager/the company to find out that I was on the opposite side of town. (that would happen to me!)
I have a lot planned for the week. Today (wed) I am going back to the city after work to watch a HUGE rugby match. We are going to one of the pubs and it is supposed to be crazy. It should be a good time. Then tomorrow is Thursday drinks with the program I came over with. It will be a good time to meet the interns and have some fun. My company also has a policy called thirsty Thursdays. I am very excited my Thursday. I have no idea what will happen but my boss said I should get ready to "loosen" up and let people get to know me. haha. Then Friday it is one of the other interns bday so I am going to go out with her and her "hot" host brother. I can't wait.
That's it for now... I haven't met the love of my life yet. Maybe soon. I'll also try to post some pics soon... I have some good ones :)
I MISS YOU ALL!
love,
AG :)
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment